Business Manager (Sales & Distribution)
Cape Town – Western Cape
JOIN the Sales & Distribution division of a fast-paced Financial Services Group seeking your ambition & strong negation skills to be its next Business Manager. Your core role will be to initiate and implement a defined Growth Plan for each key retail account in order to enhance relationships and result in growth/retention of existing/new retail partners in a profitable manner. You will identify a pipeline of retailers that engage with the company’s target market to grow the network, negotiate & agree on commercial expectations while building the Group brand and ensuring sustainable account growth. The successful candidate will need a suitable Business/Sales tertiary qualification with 4-6 years’ relevant work experience – preferably in B2B relationship-based sales with an outstanding track record in strategic Account Management, have Project Management skills and able to provider oversight of business and financial operations.
- Conceptualise and drive the Account Growth Plan for each Key Account to position credit as a strategic driver in the retailer through the growth of new customers and turnover.
- Understand the target market and the industry and retailers that engage with them.
- Identify a pipeline of retailers that engage with our target market that we can add to expand our network.
- Drive the governance process to ensure the retailer is signed up and ready to trade.
- Negotiate and agree commercial expectations.
- Co-ordinate cross functionally and regionally to manage the execution of the Account Growth Plan.
- Build sustainable relationships by establishing and driving agreed commercial expectations.
- Build a strong body of knowledge around the industry, retailer and customer target market to enable sustainable account growth.
- Communicate the performance of the account in relation to the growth activities and in accordance with the agreed Growth Objectives.
- Build the Group brand through your personal engagement and delivery.
- Reflect the values of the business in your daily encounters.
- Manage and evaluate daily business operations and performance.
- Formulate strategies to meet business objectives and improve revenue.
- Formulate policies to support the strategy (ies).
- Implement and oversee growth strategies.
- Improve overall production and acquisition.
- Manage operational cost within the business unit, by monitoring financial activities, data & budgets.
- Relevant Business/Sales tertiary qualification.
- An outstanding track record in strategic Account Management with min 4-6 years relevant experience, preferably in B2B relationship-based sales.
- An excellent team-worker and communicator (both verbal and written) with a track record of working across teams to deliver value.
- Project Management skills and overseeing business and financial operations.
- Strong ability to persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to build strong networks and strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Results orientated with the ability to leverage risks and opportunities.
- Knowledge of relevant computer programmes.
- A valid code 8 driver’s license (older than 6 months) is essential.
- Passion for customers.
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Able to motivate staff and collaborate with clients and customers.
- Have a proactive and organised approach to work.