Business Intelligence Analyst
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
Our client, a leading provider serving clients in the USA, Europe, and the UK, is seeking a talented Business Intelligence Analyst to join their team. They pride themselves on their cutting-edge software technology and their commitment to staying ahead of market trends. In this role, you will play a vital part in extracting valuable insights from large datasets and supporting the decision-making process. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to transform data into actionable information, enabling well-informed business decisions. Having a Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) certification, particularly in Querying Data with Transact-SQL (70-461), would be advantageous. A bachelor’s degree is also beneficial, along with at least 3 years of experience working with SQL Server databases and Transact-SQL.
- Identify potential process improvements and areas within the business for the BI team to get involved.
- Preparing reports and presentations and deriving business insights
- Ad hoc analysis (scenario modelling, impact analysis etc.)
- Develop, test, and implement data driven (SQL) reports.
- Identify new process improvement opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Analise customer behavior, market trends and demographics.
- Project management skills.
- Any Microsoft Business Intelligence (MSBI) certification – No negotiations (70-461: Querying Data with Transact-SQL advantageous).
- Bachelor’s degree advantageous.
- 3+ years working experience with SQL Server databases and Transact-SQL.
- Advanced Excel (Pivot, VLOOKUP, etc.).
- Experience with SSRS.
- Database documentation experience.
- Experience in building report models with visualisation tools (Power-BI advantageous).
- Good, applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Machine Learning and Analytics experience advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.