Business Intelligence Analyst (CPT or JHB Hybrid)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
ANALYSE business data, compile reports, and build visual models to present information to stakeholders as your expertise as a Business Intelligence Analyst is sought by a dynamic provider of world-class Outsourced and Incident Management Services. The successful incumbent must have Matric/Grade 12 and preferably a tertiary qualification in Information Technology/Business Analytics (BC om/BSc)/BA/BS in Computer Science with 2 – 3 years working experience with SQL Server databases and query language – Building relational database, Writing stored procedures; 1-year SSRS & experience in building reporting models with visual analytics tools (e.g., Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, etc.).
Financial Management (Budget and resource management) –
- Ensure cost effective allocation and use of company resources.
- Execute BI projects within assigned budget and timelines.
Business Process Management –
- Abide by company policy, departmental procedures, and ISO standards.
- Aligned to the Company’s core values (Bright, Agile and True).
- Adhere to Company policies and departmental procedures.
- Company structure and reporting lines.
- Comply with all company Health and Safety requirements.
- Adhere to customer service principles and practices.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence (“BI”) team in preliminary discussions with stakeholders to identify business needs.
- Provide input to the BI team with regards to the approach of solving relevant business problems.
- Advice on the manner in which to present data to stakeholders that will add the most value.
- Identify potential process improvements and areas within the business for the BI team to get involved.
- Assist with data quality management in terms of identifying areas where it is required and being involved in the rectification process.
- Review and validate data integrity, quality and accuracy as it is collected.
- Perform the following Data Management steps: Data gathering; Data cleaning; Data preparation; Data analysis; Data interpretation – relevance and analysis (being able to forecast and identify the outcomes); Report and provide feedback on data analysed.
- Design and produce reports to internal and external stakeholders on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assess and identify the client’s needs.
- Prepare reports on additional information to include the analysis and interpretation of the data.
- Business Improvement – operation and processes. Increase efficiencies. Taking data received and increasing utilisation. Better utilisation for increased profit.
- Complete different data analysis projects in order to support various company activities and plans.
- Identify and define information need requirements for BI projects.
- Identify new process improvement opportunities.
- Develop, test, and implement data driven (SQL) reports.
Learning and Growth (Staffing) –
- Attend training (before and after your shift) as and when required.
- Identify own learning and developmental needs.
- Develop own competencies required for daily functioning.
- Provide input into own Personal Development Plan.
- Partake in training as and when required.
- Remain current on industry trends with respect to BI capabilities.
Client and Vendor Management –
- Maintain client satisfaction at all times.
- Escalation of unresolved cases and possible clients’ complaints.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology/Business Analytics (BC om/BSc)/BA/BS in Computer Science. (Preferred)
- 2 – 3 Years working experience with SQL Server databases and query language – Building relational database, Writing stored procedures.
- 1 Year SQL Server Reporting Services; and Developing report templates, Rolling out same for user access.
- 1 Year experience in building reporting models with visual analytics tools (e.g., Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, etc.).
- Standard office equipment (computer, laptop, mouse).
- Standard telecommunications equipment.
- 3G WIFI.
- To be available to Executive 24/7 in event of critical situations.
- To be available on standby after hours/odd hours.
- SA Citizen or valid work permit for SA.
- Valid code B Driver’s License and own transport.
- BI Certification.
- Experience in the Customer Services industry.
- Awareness of company policies and procedures.
- Understand business ethics and values.
- Understand company structure and reporting lines.
- Business processes and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding objectives business.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to present, explain and translate information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Presenting, explaining and information translation.
- Ability to work in an accurate, independent, and structured manner.
- Able to demonstrate innovation.
- Work under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a complex, multiple entity, constantly changing environment.