Business Intelligence Administrator (AWS)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
BE responsible for the health, performance, reliability, availability, security and recoverability of the entire BI environment as the next BI Administrator sought by a reputable Retail Group. The successful candidate must possess a suitable 3-year/NQF aligned tertiary qualification with an AWS Certification such as AWS Cloud Practitioner/AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Developer. You must have up to 6 years’ IT experience including 3 years in a BI Administration role with a proven track record of administering BI technical platforms & solid proficiency in AWS services (EC2, Lambda, AWS Glue, S3, Amazon Redshift), Qlik, SSRS, Microsoft Azure and GCP.
Ensure the efficiency of the BI environment –
- Monitor performance, reliability and availability of the BI technical environment.
- Monitor usage patterns and the response times of BI applications and formulate actions and strategies to improve performance.
Manage compliance and capacity demands –
- Administer BI applications and install required upgrades and patches.
- Conduct capacity planning and formulate actions and strategies around data growth.
Ensure business continuity –
- Formulate, implement and maintain backup and recovery plans.
- Formulate, implement and maintain BI disaster recovery strategy.
- Give input in BI Architecture and Design Forums and review technical design documents in partnership with BI Data Architect (s) and BI Technical Manager (s).
Manage problems effectively –
- Effectively manage problems in a timeously manner.
- Utilize problem solving skills & techniques to drive the resolution of issues.
Build and maintain relationships across business, suppliers and IT –
- Establish effective and collaborative partnerships with relevant IT teams (Infrastructure, Networks and Database Administration).
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business and technical solutions.
Lead and drive research and development –
- Remain current with industry trends and thought leadership on Business Intelligence end to end.
- Relevant 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Relevant AWS Certification (AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer).
- Up to 6 years’ experience in IT, with a minimum of 3 years in a BI Administration role.
- Proven track record of administering BI technical platforms.
- Proven track record of installing and configuring BI application software.
- Solid knowledge in AWS services (EC2, Lambda, AWS Glue, S3, Amazon Redshift).
- Solid knowledge in BI visualisation and analytical tools such as Qlik and SSRS.
- Exposure to Agile and DevOps practices.
- n depth knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data Management and BI best practices.
- In depth knowledge of BI visualisation, reporting and analytics.
- In depth knowledge in cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and GCP.
- In depth knowledge of BI environments, solutions and implementations (end-to-end BI architecture and technologies).
- In depth knowledge of operating systems, databases and IT systems.
- Excellent skills in database administration and optimisation.
- Will be required to perform standby duties.
- Pro-active and works in a disciplined way and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Motivated to continuously improve BI environment.
- Disciplined in applying BI standards but open to suggestion and change.
- Meticulous and attention-to-detail focus.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work and act independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved.
- Proactively approaches others to obtain missing information.
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed.
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change.