Business Development Manager (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A full spectrum outsourced IT Managed Services provider in Joburg seeks a strategic-thinking Business Development Manager who will lead and run the entire new business sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring, and developing new and fast-growing business with direct clients. You will also work closely with partners driving new business, building a pipeline for growth and closing business, including working with the internal team to create the statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new clients, gain referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, contending offerings and current penetration of services and solutions. You must have 7+ years’ experience including in Hunter Business Development with advance closure capability.
- Build and maintain access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Understand the needs of your partners and marshal the right resources with direct authority.
- Meet with potential clients to grow, maintain, and demonstrate relationships.
- Apply and demonstrate a structured Sales Process utilizing solution selling and account management practices.
- Use detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Occasionally travel to your client’s site, as needed.
- ISACA and CISA accreditation is preferable.
- 7+ Years of experience in Business Development, relationship building & advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.
- Selling Microsoft solutions and professional services: Digital, Cloud, Security and ERP deals or other large-scale consulting engagements that include national and global delivery.
- Working effectively with Microsoft & other partners to grow their book of business.
- Previewing, identifying, and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities.
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities.
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices.
- Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions.
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer’s business needs.
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics.
- Motor vehicle.
- Cell phone.
- Hard work and flexibility.
- Pleasant disposition.
- Smartly dressed.
- You are a deal maker and self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment with sophisticated technology solutions.
- You work with energy, drive, and dedication to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals.
- You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact.
- You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish relationships and neutralize conflict with colleagues, clients, and others at any level inside and outside your organisation.