Business Development Manager (Africa & Middle East)
IT – Manager
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A leading international company specializing in state-of-the-art Security Software Solutions is looking for a Business Development Manager for their Johannesburg team. This role focuses on expanding their presence in Africa and the Middle East by establishing key reseller partnerships and integrating the company brand, products, and platforms with these partners. The responsibilities include raising awareness about both present and upcoming industry trends that the company should monitor and devising strategies to enter markets with their range of products and services. A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related industry field is required, with an MBA being a plus.
- Identify, target, and acquire new clients, independently generate leads, quote, and close deals.
- Develop a product or device market penetration strategy.
- Work closely with marketing to develop a product positioning and promotion strategy using digital/social media.
- Identify and attend key industry and trade events.
- Facilitate legal agreements around onboarding of partners (NDA’s, reseller agreements, MSA (manufacturing supplier agreement))
- Sales administration as required (quotes, sales orders, invoicing)
- Customer relationship management on HubSpot
- 8 + years’ experience in B2B sales (Business to Business)
- 5 + years in key account management
- 4 + years in product go to market strategy development.
- 4 + years in digital marketing strategies (LinkedIn, industry aggregating portals, social media, ad campaigns)
- 3 + years reporting to executive level with key account partners.
- 3 + years in creating and being accountable for multi-million-rand budgets
- Experience selling into the IoT sector at the Enterprise level.
- Solid pipeline management skills
- Ability to negotiate a win-win for all parties.
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts and align them with the client’s needs.
- Project Management / planning & scheduling
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or an industry-relevant field (MBA an advantage)
- Professional experience with high-profile sales
- Experience with CRM software, especially HubSpot
- Company Embedded’ s Portfolio of Devices
- Telematics Guru
- Device Manager
- Cin7 Core (DEAR Systems)
- Process driven / with excellent self-management.
- Excellent communication, both written & verbal