Business Development Consultant (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
DO consider yourself a networking guru? Then an innovative eCommerce Platform wants your strategic thinking abilities to open doors and onboard suppliers & buyers across multiple sectors from Agriculture to Automotive, to be its next Business Development Consultant. Successful candidates will be able to work at a senior level, confidently engaging with CEO’s, MD’s, FD’s, Sales, and Procurement Managers within a business. As hunter and closer, you will be responsible for maximising top line revenue through designing and implementing sales strategies while maintaining a big picture, market-focused approach to business, ensuring favourable outcomes for all parties. The candidate will deal with Growth, Product and Operations management and will be specifically responsible for the supplier/buyer lifecycle. This will include implementing the tools required for customer acquisition, conversion, and retention. This is a data centric, creative, and analytical role where the candidate will be using sales CRM tools to build and manage an extensive business growth plan. You will require 5+ years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Generate sales leads and maintain a healthy pipeline based on growth targets.
- Cold calling and using both new and existing client lists to set up meetings with prospective clients.
- Follow up on potential leads and converting them.
- Implement sales management reporting, information flow, business process planning, documentation and key deliverable using CRM and OKR frameworks.
- Update CRM tools including Salesforce, Pardot and Perdoo.
- Present to management weekly on outcomes of sales initiatives.
- Work together with operations and marketing to produce campaign ideas and drive sales.
- Assist with the onboarding of suppliers and ensuring that supplier inventory is loaded onto the platform.
- Demonstrate experience in product pricing and profitability, dealing with senior stakeholders at a corporate level, working on large scale key accounts, and gaining new business within multiple market sectors.
- Build and develop relationships with buyers and suppliers that use the platform with a continuing focus on their needs and requirements.
- The ability to compromise in a cooperative effort to reach mutually satisfactory conclusions and results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics would be an advantage but not essential (Experience is King!).
- 5+ Years’ minimum relevant work experience within a Sales/Business Development role.
- 1-3 Years’ experience working across eCommerce project launches and managing rollouts advantageous.
- Experience with Google Ads, email marketing software, work productivity tools, and Office Suite.
- SEO experience.
- Salesforce and Pardot knowledge.
- Afrikaans, French, Portuguese, and other African languages.
- Have an intuitive understanding of how businesses in various sectors make money, while displaying a knowledge of what drives a suppliers/buyer’s profitability.
- Personal ownership and accountability.
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain the platform coherently and logically, both in writing and verbally.
- The ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment.
- Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
- Great team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Critical thinking and addressing issues in a logical, sensible way while taking all factors into consideration.
- Keeping a level head with the ability to respond calmly and rationally.
- Feel comfortable with knowing there is always more to do, and things are never perfect; conflict and healthy debates are part of the process.