Business Analyst (Payments)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
Define requirements and solutions components –
- Hold required meetings with Business Managers and DSMEs.
- Facilitate requirements gathering meetings to define business needs.
- Determine solution components and document findings.
- Develop accurate, relevant and complete requirements documentation.
Business Analysis & Change Management –
- Engage with multiple stakeholders on a management and director level.
- Document requirements according to prescribed format.
- Design business process models where required.
- Actively take part in Spring planning and prioritization.
- Communicate relevant changes and updates to all relevant stakeholders.
Business & IT Convergence –
- Develop knowledge of all business units.
- Understand and follow the SDLC and the impact it has on the business.
Stakeholder Relationships –
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business stakeholders, end users and technical peers.
- Act in the best interest of the business and follow an objective approach.
Additional Duties –
- Develop, deliver, maintain and implement high quality technical specifications in line with business requirements/quality standards.
- Take technical ownership of required processes to deliver specifications requirements.
- Continuously strive to make improvements relative to common patterns and practices.
- Seek out and act upon feedback from both the Technical team and stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with relevant trade standards or best practices.
- Technical documentation maintenance where required.
- Communicate effectively and escalate issues timeously.
- Collaborate and work closely with all relevant stakeholders.
- Always have the best interests of clients in mind.
- Participate in regular Scrum or Cross-functional meetings to review:
- Project status.
- Business specifications.
- Errors or operational issues.
- Client feedback.
- Research and recommend technologies, tools, methods and processes to increase effectiveness and delivery pace/quality.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks within the capability area.
- Constantly collaborate with relevant team members to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of applications.
- BSc. Computer Science or equivalent Business Degree.
- CCBA Certified – preferred.
- 4-6 Years’ real commercial Business Analyst experience within the B2B Transactional / Payments / SaaS industry.
- Ability to interpret business requirements into technical specification actions.
- Skills in MS Office Suite, CRM, Asana, MS Teams, MS Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Customer-focused through all the stages of the SDLC.
- Applicant MUST HAVE uncapped internet connection.
- Strong Payments industry knowledge.
- Exceptional logic ability and problem-solving skills.
- Active and enthusiastic team player acting as an ambassador for product delivery.
- Willing to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good business sense, production value and attention to detail.
- Well organised with strong time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple objectives according to prescribed procedures and processes.
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a Remote team environment.
- Clear communication skills.
- Honest, reliable and hardworking.