Business Analyst (Payments/CIB experience) (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
A highly meticulous & forward-thinking Business Analyst with CIB experience is sought by a reputable Financial Services Group to join its Market Africa team on the Treasury platform. You will need to understand the end-to-end trade lifecycle, including payments and settlement processes. Your role will entail supporting with run, change and strategic initiatives and you will have to understand and/or worked on at least 1 of the following product sets: Fixed Income, FX, Derivatives or Payments. You will also require a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience including Vendor Management, Integration Architecture and understanding the Capital Markets Products and Business environment.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business problems and needs and translate those into detailed business and/or functional requirements that include process, data, people and workflow specifications.
- Analyse and understand the end-to-end flow of the platform architecture and consider all touchpoints and impacts when analysing new business requirements or changes to existing business requirements.
- Identify and promote optimisation, re-use and standardisation opportunities within Markets Africa
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with all stakeholders, displaying excellent abilities to initiate dialogue, listen, advise, influence and negotiate to achieve positive outcomes.
- Initiate meetings with key stakeholders to track progress, manage expectations and ensure stakeholders’ requirements are delivered.
- Engage and collaborate with the vendor on suitable solutions for incidents, production issues or new requirements.
- Assist with query and complaint management in a timeous manner.
- Coordinate and participate in the test effort to ensure that the delivered solution meets agreed business requirements and functional/process specifications.
- Assist the Project Manager (PM) to facilitate relevant workshops to define project scope and other documentation needed in the Project Concept and/or Project Charter.
- Ensure all the business requirements, evaluations and recommendations of business solutions, assessments and feasibility analysis are documented.
- Assist the PM or Platform Lead by advising, investigating, estimating and calculating costs, timelines, resources and plans approval of the project stage business cases.
- Facilitate workshops in conjunction with the PM in order to obtain business user requirements in terms of the proposed end state of the project.
- Project manage a sub-project or work stream, when required to do so by the PM or Platform Lead.
- Assist the PM or Platform Lead to generate weekly/monthly or ad hoc status reports, using input from project teams for reporting to Project Sponsor.
- Perform root cause analysis with stakeholders, conduct interviews or workshops to further evaluate and identify solutions to meet business requirements.
- Demonstrate pride in the organisation’s brand, services and products by consistently delivering on the brands promise.
- Plan and manage own workflow, anticipating obstacles, juggling priorities and following through on objectives within agreed timeframes and according to quality standards.
- Stay relevant and up to date with legislations and new development.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
- Handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact others.
- Take ownership of personal career development, leveraging formal and informal opportunities.
- Act in an ethical, transparent and morally defensible manner.
- Adapt communication styles to meet the needs of different audiences.
- Continually share, debate and communicate learning’s.
- Explore possibilities for different solutions.
- Flag and debate issues constructively.
- Contribute to a friendly, co-operative climate in working with others to achieve collective goals.
- Be sensitive to others’ feelings, needs, values, views and attitudes and be courteous and diplomatic when dealing with difficulties and problems others may be experiencing (EQ).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline is required, or equivalent work experience.
- Previous CIB experience is essential.
- Familiarity with Vendor Management.
- Knowledge of Integration Architecture.
- Understanding of the Capital Markets Products and Business environment.
- Superior organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Analysis and attention to detail.
- Conceptual/Big picture thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Influencing & impact (incl. negotiation).
- Knowledge sharing.
- Process and technological competence.
- Developing people.
- Leadership commitment.
- Drive for results.
- Learning agility.