Business Analyst: Credit Products and Paydate
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
EFFECTIVELY guide system development processes across internal and external IT technical resources to facilitate the successful implementation as the next Business Analyst sought by a dynamic & innovative Financial Institution. The successful incumbent will require a Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational, a relevant Commerce/IT related tertiary qualification and a Business Analysis qualification. You must have 5 years’ Software Development experience as a BA in the Banking, Credit Products (Loans) or Retail industry with detailed knowledge of IT Software Development Life Cycle, Paydate Management/Credit Products, Business analysis and design, UML and Business Process Modelling (BPM), Best practices for Quality Assurance (QA), Standards and Governance & Testing practices.
- Liaise with stakeholders to formulate functional specifications, which provides effective technology solutions for project, and non-project business requirements related to the Bank’s Credit Products (Loans) and Paydate Management platforms.
- Guide the system development processes across internal and external IT technical resources to facilitate the successful implementation, support and maintenance of such systems.
- Continuous business and industry research to identify problems, needs, opportunities for improvement and guide the critical evaluation of new and existing software / application solutions.
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational.
- A relevant qualification in Commerce or Information Technology.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Business Analysis.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant Software Development experience as a Business Analyst in the Banking, Credit Products (Loans) or Retail Industry.
- Must have detailed knowledge of:
- IT Software Development Life Cycle.
- Paydate Management / Credit Products.
- Business analysis and design.
- Agile methodologies and processes.
- UML and Business Process Modelling (BPM).
- Best practices for Quality Assurance (QA).
- Standards and Governance.
- Testing practices.
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required.
- Communications skills.
- Interpersonal & Relationship Management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Influencing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Facilitation skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial Thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning, organising and coordination skills.