IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
CONDUCT new feature analysis and drive revenue opportunities across existing solutions, products and clients as the next Business Analyst sought by a dynamic Software Solutions Provider specializing in Financial Risk systems. You will manage open projects to completion, performing a project management function with a strong focus on the ‘definition of done’ and close projects driving consulting revenue for self and development revenue for Dev team(s). You will also perform a consulting function helping clients achieve their data and automation goals by performing gap analysis and defining long-term strategic goals. You will require an Undergrad Degree in Finance/Actuarial Science or similar discipline – Honours preferred with 4+ years’ experience solving financial business problems using technology, strong T-SQL & SQL skills, 2+ years’ running and project managing an Analyst and/or Software team & detailing requirement definitions and specifications.
- Analyst Consultant responsible for analysing, defining, and solving business problems across solutions and clients.
- Define projects and requirement specifications including quoting for work, task definition, work assignment and timeline management.
- Build and implement processes using the Workflow framework for clients and internally.
- Generate and chase leads for new business opportunities.
- Build workflows, data reports, pdf-style reports, data analyses using solution stack.
- Drive sales and up-sell opportunities with each client interaction.
- Build and enhance the Analyst/Consultant function/team with a focus on revenue generation for self and team(s).
- Work with executive team on revenue projections based on existing and new work opportunities.
- Manage project timelines, resource allocation and drive projects to completion.
- Write data reports and analyses using SQL, build and implement workflows and reports.
- Build pdf-based reports using Report Designer tool.
- Learn and push financial and software development knowledge of both team and self.
- Train/Support/Coach junior members of team.
- Communicate with Directors and clients.
- Gap analysis on maintain existing software solutions and development frameworks.
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Actuarial Science, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or Computer Science – Honours preferred.
- Recognised financial qualification if Degree was not finance-related preferable.
- 4+ Years’ experience solving financial business problems using technology, T-SQL experience required.
- 2+ Years’ –
- Running and project managing an Analyst and/or Software team.
- Detailing requirement definitions and specifications and managing projects to completion.
- RDBMS with MSSQL required.
- Experience working with workflows tools for process automation.
- Good at writing specification documents with supporting documentation.
- Experience in SQL, report writing.
- Comfortable presenting to clients.
- Enjoy documentation writing.
- Exposure to financial calculations and data analysis.
- Pricing, structuring, analysing or trading financial and investment products.
- Financial Risk Management from the perspective of a financial institution.
- Data and/or Quantitative Analysis in a finance-related context.
- Power BI or similar experience.
- Experience working in an Object-Oriented or Functional Programming environment.
- Prior experience working with C#.
- Strong interest in Financial Services or Carbon Credit space.
- Strong analytical skills for designing solutions.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Safeguards integrity of sensitive client data.
- A strong knack for problem solving.
- Quick learner.
- Interest in Software Development industry.
- Good time management.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Understands industry trends.
- Communicates clearly and politely, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work independently but also be a team player.
- Uses initiative, is proactive and possesses problem solving skills.
- Willing to put in long hours when needed.