IT – Analyst, Data Management
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
AN innovative Financial Institution seeks a strategic-thinking Business Analyst with strong leadership and 3-7 years’ experience in a similar role to join its team. Your role will entail guiding the critical evaluation of new and existing software/application solutions through conducting continuous business & industry research, identify risks and managing teams, expectation & process, solution and operations change. The successful incumbent requires an IT tertiary qualification, Project Management (Methodology specific), have thorough knowledge of Banking & IT standards and governance, Testing practices and ideally have experience with Postilion, Proview/Splunk, UML, Business Process Modelling (BPM) – EA and Visio.
- Continuous business and industry research to guide the critical evaluation of new and existing software / application solutions.
- Undertake impact analysis specific to solution and the changes thereof, within the solution and effected peer systems.
- Identification of Risks, Issues and Decisions needed in support of project deliverables and scope. This also includes understanding of Project Management principles (Prince2).
- Understanding and conceptualisation of the MIS/Reporting requirement and need from the solution.
- Leadership skills including management of teams, expectations and process, solution and operational change.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology.
- Must have proven experience as Business Analyst (BA), at least 3-7 years within the environment.
- Project Management Skills (Methodology specific).
Must have detailed knowledge of:
- Banking and IT standards and governance.
- Testing practices and methodology.
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required.
- Contactable via own mobile phone.
Detailed knowledge of:
- Agile development life cycle.
- Device Monitoring – Proview or Splunk is used.
- Cash life cycle – Cash planningreconciliation experience.
- Postilion Realtime – Transaction switching knowledge.
- Postilion Office – Back Office processes and reporting.
- Knowledge of UML and Business Process Modelling (BPM) – EA and Visio.
- Communication skills.
- Conflict Management.
- Planning, organising and coordination skills.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Learning and researching.
- Persuading and influencing.
- Presenting and communicating information.
- Working with people.