Big Data Developer (JHB/CPT/Remote)
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng ~ Remote
BUILD and operate a content management platform as a Big Data Developer sought by a cutting-edge global FinTech company for a high-profile Big Data project that promises to revolutionise an area of finance by providing unprecedented market insight in a timely manner. The role will involve building and operating an ingestion and analytics platform that collects frequently changing data and exposing the normalised and aggregated data via APIs to the client. This will include data cleansing, aggregation and financial computations. The ideal candidate will require experience writing testable functional Scala in a production grade system, Apache Spark, Docker containers, experience of using a cloud platform to architect and build data pipelines & can easily navigate the administration of a Hadoop cluster on a cloud platform.
- We try and automate as much as possible to streamline our processes. This includes continuous integration and deployment.
- Quality is very important to us, and through automated testing we strive to keep the quality of our systems as high as possible.
- Working with large sets of data and using distributed databases.
- Lean Project Management.
- The potential for learning and working in another language like Java, Python or .Net Core.
- To understand basic concepts about mortgage-backed securities.
- End to end exposure to a cloud platform.
- Be the type of Developer that can pick up a new technology quickly and deliver features in a highly agile manner.
- Experience writing testable functional Scala in a production grade system.
- Have used Apache Spark in a production system using Scala with YARN as the Resource Manager.
- Experience of using a cloud platform to architect and build data pipelines.
- Easily navigate the administration of a Hadoop cluster on a cloud platform.
- Have used Docker containers to deploy systems.
- You’re bright, curious and optimistic, quick to pick up new concepts and open to learning new things. You love a challenge and getting stuck right in, ready to step up and run with anything.
- You’re happy to fly solo and also enjoy being part of a team. Which means you’re adaptable and easy-going. And a good communicator.
- You have a great eye for detail but can also see the bigger picture. And you have that magical ability to balance perfection and delivery.
- You get things done. Because you give 110%. As do we.