BI Developer (DBN)
IT – Software Development
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
AN energetic, inquisitive, and highly numerate BI Developer with a solid technical base is sought by a growing Durban-based Financial Services company to join its team. You will assist in the development of new products and monitoring of existing products. The position will also require you to get involved with all components of the Data Warehousing from design and development which includes planning and design new system architecture, creating ETL projects, optimization of the SQL database and ETL processes, maintenance of the Data warehouse and report creation. The ideal candidate must have a suitable IT Degree/Diploma with at least 1 year work experience in a similar role including experience with SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS & Power BI and be able to perform Database maintenance and performance tuning (Indexing, backups, query optimization).
- Develop and maintain current analytic platforms.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions.
- Design and build end-to-end BI solutions, including reports (SSRS & Power BI), creation of new data streams and documents if needed.
- The development, automation, and maintenance of SSIS ETL packages used for data warehousing and reporting.
- Relevant IT Degree / Diploma.
- Experience in creating SQL objects (stored procedures, views, and functions).
- Ability to perform Database maintenance and performance tuning (Indexing, backups, query optimization).
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Experience with MS BI stack (SQL / SSIS / SSRS / SSAS and Power BI).
- The role requires high proficiency in SQL Database and the ability to query data and solve complex problems.
- Able to work in conditions of change, flexible and open to learn new languages and architecture.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with a quick turnaround time to meet client expectation.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.