BI (AWS) Administrator/Developer
IT – Analyst, Data Management ~ IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
BE responsible for the health, performance, reliability, availability, security and recoverability of the entire BI environment as your expertise as a BI (AWS) Administrator/Developer is sought by a reputable & growing Retail Group. You will review technical design documents, conduct capacity planning and formulate actions and strategies around data growth while establishing effective and collaborative partnerships with relevant IT teams. You must be in possess of a suitable 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification with an AWS Certification (AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer) and have up to 6 years’ experience in IT, with a minimum of 3 years in a BI Administration role. You will require a proven track record administering BI technical platforms & installing and configuring BI application software; solid proficiency in AWS Services (EC2, Lambda, AWS Glue, S3, Amazon Redshift), BI visualisation and analytical tools such as Qlik and SSRS & Cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and GCP.
Ensure the efficiency of the BI environment –
- Monitor performance, reliability and availability of the BI technical environment.
- Monitor usage patterns and the response times of BI applications and formulate actions and strategies to improve performance.
Manage compliance and capacity demands –
- Administer BI applications and install required upgrades and patches.
- Conduct capacity planning and formulate actions and strategies around data growth.
Ensure business continuity –
- Formulate, implement and maintain Backup and Recovery Plans.
- Formulate, implement and maintain BI Disaster Recovery Strategy.
- Give input in BI Architecture and Design Forums and review technical design documents in partnership with BI Data Architect(s) and BI Technical Manager(s).
Manage problems effectively –
- Effectively manage problems in a timely manner.
- Utilize problem solving skills & techniques to drive the resolution of issues.
Build and maintain relationships across business, suppliers and IT –
- Establish effective and collaborative partnerships with relevant IT teams (Infrastructure, Networks and Database Administration).
- Communicate effectively with internal and external clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business and technical solutions.
Lead and drive research and development –
- Remain current with industry trends and thought leadership on Business Intelligence end to end.
- Relevant 3-year tertiary or NQF aligned qualification.
- Relevant AWS Certification (AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer).
- Up to 6 years’ experience in IT, with a minimum of 3 years in a BI Administration role.
- Proven track record –
- Administering BI technical platforms.
- Installing and configuring BI application software.
- Solid knowledge of
- AWS Services (EC2, Lambda, AWS Glue, S3, Amazon Redshift).
- BI visualisation and analytical tools such as Qlik and SSRS.
- Exposure to Agile and DevOps practices.
- In depth knowledge of –
- Data Warehousing, Data Management and BI best practices.
- Cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and GCP.
- BI environments, solutions and implementations (end-to-end BI architecture and technologies).
- Operating systems, databases and IT systems.
- Excellent skills in database administration and optimisation.
- Will be required to perform standby duties.
- Pro-active and works in a disciplined way and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Motivated to continuously improve BI environment.
- Disciplined in applying BI standards but open to suggestion and change.
- Meticulous and attention-to-detail focus.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Able to work and act independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved.
- Proactively approaches others to obtain missing information.
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed.
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change.