IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
A data-driven Dev House offering innovative hardware & software solutions seeks a forward-thinking Back-End Engineer to join its team. Your core role will be to plan, develop, test and implement new innovative software products in a fast-paced prototyping development environment. You will require Grade 12 or equivalent, at least 2 years’ in a similar role and your tech toolset should include: Java, C#, Golang, Rust, NoSQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, RabbitMQ and GIT.
- Write code that complies with the company’s standards and provides optimal functionality.
- Ensure software across all projects meet all requirements of quality, security, extensibility by regularly reviewing pull requests.
- Ensure documentation is up to date and concepts are communicated clearly through flowcharts and diagrams.
- Display a clear level of understanding of the current back end stack and standards.
- Stay up to date with new technology and industry standards.
- Propose additions to current back end stack to optimize performance and workflow.
- Grade 12 or equivalent certificate essential.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of a suitable programming language; Java, C#, Golang, Rust.
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL (PostgreSQL, MariaDB).
- Experience with Messaging platforms like RabbitMQ.
- GIT (or similar revision control).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline-driven and able to work under pressure.
- Able to take initiative.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).