BA Team Lead (Finance – SAP & ARIS)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
LEAD and coach a team while maximising productivity and increasing business delivery as the next BA Team Lead sought by a dynamic Retail Giant to join its Finance Division. This role will also entail fostering of cross-discipline relationships to constantly review and improve on ways of work. You will require a relevant Degree with 5-8 years related experience including retail finance processes & practices and business processes including reconciliation and settlement, inventory valuations including cost accounting & control, corporate expenditure, general accounting and taxation. You will also need experience with Facilitation or Coaching, Project Management and SAP & ARIS proficiency.
Information Seeking & Analysis –
- Align closely with business and delivery stakeholders around strategic roadmaps.
- Assist to shape the demand for the specific area.
- Assist with lean business cases / PAC / Board approvals.
- Perform high-level analysis activities in the CE cycle (assisting to unpack Features, identify high-level impacts and dependencies etc.).
- Ensure E2E processes are documented, understood & aligned with business and architecture.
- Solid understanding of E2E for area of responsibility.
- Have a deep understanding of the value streams within the domain and products they support, to assist in shaping the roadmap for those products.
- Focus on customer centricity and customer experience throughout all operational processes and value streams and help to create a culture of customer centricity within the BA discipline.
- Surface and deliver regular insights to the business stakeholders with sound recommendations, allowing business stakeholders to make informed strategic decisions.
- Produce innovative ideas or solutions that challenge traditional assumptions, and approach ongoing developments from new perspectives.
- Devise, initiate and drive effective change initiatives in own area or department as well as across various disciplines.
Leadership, Facilitation & Influencing –
- Collaborate with stakeholders (within IT and Business) to identify and consider opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Promote best practices and persuade stakeholders to change practises and consider other alternatives.
- Coach and mentor BAs in BA tools, standards, best practices, processes and delivery.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and cross-discipline engagement within the team.
- Ensure that the contribution of others is recognised through formal reward processes and also gestures of informal recognition.
- Lead a team of BAs.
Communication, building & maintaining relationships –
- Assist with identification of resources to be allocated to work requests based on specific knowledge areas or skills.
- Foster a partnership between business stakeholders, delivery teams, architecture and the rest of the BA community.
- Identify business and organisational constraints affecting options for change.
- Align with the PMO and Business on upcoming projects, initiatives and work request, so that we can start planning and communicating this, and anticipate resource requirements to ensure that resources are brought on board / assigned timeously.
- Collaborate with all disciplines and benchmark value adding solutions.
- Evaluate and improve solution assessment and validation.
- Elicit and analyse cultural, business and organisational constraints effecting options for change.
- Continuously support the business environment and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Thinking partner and ambassador for the business.
Organising, multitasking & time management –
- Strong commitment to organisational objectives and ensuring high quality delivery on work.
- Ensure costs are monitored and users and the organisation benefit.
- Able to coach the Business Analysts on organisation and effective time management.
Knowledge and Application –
- Create and encourage a climate of team-working and collaboration across the organisation, acting as a visible role-model of these values and behaviours.
- Proactively consult with a broad cross-section of stakeholders during all aspects of decision making.
- Able to coach the Business Analysts in terms of methods used to analyse and benchmark business cases, which will align with the business strategies of the organisation (including feasibility and business benefits).
- Research and identify opportunities to improve the business’ offering and add value to our customers through the solutions we provide.
- Able to coach the Business Analysts to drive / shape input into the scope of solution and ensure understanding of scope by business user.
- Drive the change management barriers impacting User Acceptance Testing.
- Solve and mitigate project risks.
- Liaise with Products Owners and other stakeholders to co-ordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Actively contribute to the development of the BA practice within the organisation.
- Act as an SME in CoPs to share knowledge and expertise with the community.
- Demonstrate detailed and comprehensive knowledge of own area.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of related external issues and knows about research and upcoming developments.
- Seek to be actively involved in cutting-edge research and development activities.
- Ensure that the necessary organisational structures and processes are in place for others to do so.
- Proactively investigate ways that new technology can support the achievement of organisational objectives and significantly enhance overall performance.
- Demonstrate extensive understanding and in-depth knowledge of the working and overall function of organisational departments.
- Degree with 5 – 8 years related experience.
- Very strong BA background.
- Advanced BA Certification, CBAP, AAC or similar.
- Facilitation or Coaching qualification / experience.
- Business understanding of the broader retail industry.
- SAP experience.
- ARIS experience.
- 5+ Years’ experience in retail rinance processes and practices.
- Experience with the following business processes:
- Reconciliation and settlement
- Inventory valuations including cost accounting & control
- Corporate expenditure
- General accounting
- Previous experience in leading a team including recruitment, resource allocation and people development.
- Experience working within all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Business Process Management experience.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Good planning and time management.
- Good business and IT acumen.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to influence.
- Organising, co-ordinating and directing.
- Self-starter, with a can-do attitude.
- Customer focused.
- Analytical thinking.
- Decision making.
- Results driven.