IT – Analyst, Data Management
Cape Town – Western Cape
YOUR strong leadership, negotiation skills & ability to work across multiple complex projects concurrently and deliver under pressure is sought to fill the critical role of a BA Manager by a dynamic Financial Services Group. You will be responsible for leading a team of BAs responsible for the analysis, process mapping, documentation and delivery of projects within various business functions. You will require a suitable Bachelor’s Degree or higher with a Business Analysis Certification and at least 5 years’ experience as a Senior BA with a proven track record of delivering large projects and a broad understanding of financial products i.e., retail store cards, credit cards, loans and insurance products. You must also have a practical understanding of the system development lifecycle and product life cycle, database and system design, Testing and QA Methodologies experience & knowledge of credit systems i.e. Vision Plus, New business acquisition systems, credit decision systems – advantageous.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project team to document and deliver projects effectively –
- Understand strategic objectives, business cases and key success criteria for all initiatives.
- Participate and provide input into high-level scoping of business requirements and solution design.
- Drive quality assurance through alignment of business requirements to final delivery output.
- Manage business requirements and monitor the delivery of all requirement specifications, ensuring quality through best practice.
- Build strong relationships with key project sponsors and business owners.
- Play a role as a bridge between the business and the IT delivery teams.
- Manage capacity and resource allocation for supporting delivery.
- Ensure compliance to governance processes.
- Act as escalation point for all business analysis related queries or issues.
- Line manage and mentor Business Analysts within your team.
- Contribute to the improvement of the business analysis competency as well as governance processes.
- Represent the SPO team in a management capacity.
- Build knowledge and maintain a repository of products and business processes.
- Own the demand management process, which includes –
- Facilitating the weekly demand review meetings and the monthly demand management committee meetings.
- Reviewing and allocating demands to the relevant portfolios for the delivery, with the support from IT stakeholders.
- Driving the preliminary analysis for strategic demands.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders, partners and vendors to compile business cases.
- A relevant and applicable Bachelors’ Degree or higher.
- Business Analysis Certification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Business Analyst with a proven track record of delivering large complex projects.
- Experience in Financial Services and Retail industry.
- Broad understanding of financial products i.e., retail store cards, credit cards, loans and insurance products.
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of best practice business analysis methodologies.
- A practical understanding of the system development lifecycle and product life cycle, database and system design.
- Knowledge of credit systems i.e. Vision Plus, New business acquisition systems, credit decision systems – advantageous.
- Testing and QA Methodologies.
- Team Management experience.
- Presentation and facilitation skills – ability to present ideas and options to a group and drive decision making as well as understand information in the context of the meeting/workshop.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Office, Visio).
- Project Management Diploma or exposure.
- Experience within an Agile environment.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Excellent communication skills and good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work across multiple complex projects concurrently and deliver under pressure.
- Strong ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to manage expectations, risk and issues in a pro-active manner.
- Adapts easily to changing circumstances.
- Can assimilate new information (both technical and process) to understand the requirement.
- Ability to consider the bigger picture as well as get involved in the detail as and when required.
- Sound organizational skills with strong documentation and reporting abilities.
- Systematic and integrated thinking.
- Analytical and conceptual ability.
- Sound judgment and decision making.