BA – FX Trade (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
JOIN a team responsible for transforming the end-to-end capability for Customer Dealing Pre-Trade of a renowned Financial Services Group and its subsidiaries as your expertise as a Business Analyst is sought. Your core role will entail the elicitation, evaluation, definition, implementation, and validation of the requirements needed to deliver on the transformation in the Pre-Trade business. Must-Have requirements include experience with Financial Markets – specifically FX knowledge and Accounting. You will also need 4-8 years’ BA work experience, understand the FX product set and the life cycle of a FX trade and sales workflows, have prior experience in the design and implementation of integration solutions, working with various integration protocols (FIX, XML over JMS, API), Lean/Agile product delivery & experience extracting and working with data – data models, data flows, data analysis.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and designing and implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Proficient in translating business requirements to functional requirements.
- Rely on experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders including Risk, Compliance, Operations, Legal, Sales and Trading.
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior employees.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Assist with Change Management to ensure affected parties are adequately equipped for the changes impacting them.
- Financial Markets, specifically FX knowledge.
- Accounting experience.
- 4-8 Years of Business Analysis experience.
- Prior experience in FX is preferred, either from a technology, operations, or back-office perspective.
- Advanced technology, analytical and communication skills.
- Understanding of the FX product set as well as the life cycle of a FX trade.
- Understanding of FX trading and sales workflows.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience in the design and implementation of integration solutions.
- Experience in working with various integration protocols (FIX, XML over JMS, API).
- Experience in Lean/Agile product delivery.
- Experience in extracting and working with data – data models, data flows, data analysis.
- Attention to detail with an added understanding of the broader impact of decisions and solutions.
- Track record of following through on commitments.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.