BA: FX Platform Programme (JHB)
IT – Analyst, Data Management
Johannesburg – Gauteng
AN innovative Financial Services Institution in Joburg has an exciting opportunity for an experienced BA to form part of the team responsible for transforming its end-to-end capability for electronic FX execution. Your core role will entail the elicitation, evaluation, definition, implementation, and validation of the requirements needed to deliver on the transformation of the digital platforms enabling the electronic FX business. You will require 4-8 years Business Analysis experience and a Non-negotiable requirement is that you have FX knowledge with prior experience in electronic execution of FX preferred, either from a technology, operations or front-office perspective. You must also have an understanding of the lifecycle of FX trade, sales workflows, experience working with various integration protocols (FIX, XML over JMS, API), have worked with data models, data flows, data analysis and strong documentation skills.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and designing and implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Proficient in translating business requirements to functional requirements.
- Rely on experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders including Risk, Compliance, Operations, Legal, Sales and Trading.
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior employees.
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Assist with Change Management to ensure affected parties are adequately equipped for the changes impacting them.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- 4-8 Years of Business Analysis experience.
- Financial markets, specifically FX knowledge is a MUST.
- Prior experience in electronic execution of FX is preferred, either from a technology, operations or front-office perspective.
- Understanding of the FX product set as well as the life cycle of a FX trade.
- Understanding of FX trading and sales workflows.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience in the design and implementation of integration solutions.
- Experience in working with various integration protocols (FIX, XML over JMS, API).
- Experience in lean/agile product delivery.
- Experience in extracting and working with data – data models, data flows, data analysis.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Advanced technology, analytical and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with an added understanding of the broader impact of decisions and solutions.
- Track record of following through on commitments.