Azure Data Engineer
IT – Analyst, Data Management ~ IT – Infrastructure
Cape Town – Western Cape
THE technical expertise of an Azure Data Engineer with proven hands-on experience with the Microsoft BI Stack including SSRS and preferably SSIS & SSAS is sought by a cutting-edge Dev House. You core role will be to build, implement and support BI solutions for clients using a deskless workforce platform. You will require 6+ years’ experience with the Microsoft BI Stack, practical work experience with Data Structures & Algorithms, proficiency with Azure Data Factory, Azure DevOps, Azure Storage/Lake, SQL and ETL. Graph Database (Cosmos DB and Gremlin API or Neo4j) preferred and any Power BI Reporting in addition will prove beneficial.
- Responsible for building, implementing and supporting BI solutions for clients using our deskless workforce platform.
- Reporting to the Technical Lead, be responsible for designing and developing software products to implement new features or support current applications.
- Develop Data Models.
- Create ER Diagrams and other design documentation.
- Write relational and graph database queries.
- Create database objects and maintain referential integrity.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Data Lake and Data Warehouses.
- Create and deploy reports.
- Provide technical design and coding assistance to the Development team.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- 6+ Years of Microsoft BI Stack experience.
- Practical working experience with Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Azure Data Factory.
- Azure DevOps.
- Azure Storage / Lake.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading.
- Analytics Development.
- Report Development.
- Relational Database and SQL.
- Graph Database (Cosmos DB and Gremlin API or Neo4j) preferred.
- Power BI Reporting a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).