AWS Cloud Engineer
IT – Software Development
Cape Town – Western Cape
An established managed services provider based in the UK is currently seeking to expand its team of engineers in South Africa. The company, founded in 2000, specializes in creating, constructing, and overseeing secure cloud-based solutions for B2B clients in both the UK and South Africa. Their core focus lies in the design, implementation, and management of Azure and AWS cloud solutions, providing a high level of expertise and top-tier service. With a range of prestigious accreditations, including ISO 27017, the company consistently operates at an exceptional standard, consistently exceeding client expectations. The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record as an AWS systems administrator or engineer. They are seeking an individual who is bright, enthusiastic, and proactive. As the role primarily involves working with UK clients, strong business communication skills in both written and spoken English are essential.
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS-based production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution of AWS environments and solutions.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS-based production solutions.
- Design, maintain and manage tools for automation of different AWS sysadmin processes.
- Provide recommendations for AWS architecture and process improvements.
- Leading and working as part of AWS cloud solution rollout projects for their clients.
- AWS Solutions Architect Certified (or similar) to at least Associate level.
- 2+ years’ hands-on experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments.
- 5+ years of system administration experience in Linux- or Windows-based server environments
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and demanding SLAs
The successful applicant must:
- Have proven expertise in IT project delivery.
- Know how to serve demanding international clients, who expect a very high standard of service.
- Be a positive individual willing to learn quickly and work hard.
- Show a track record of completing tasks and projects on time and at high quality.
The successful candidate would have experience in many of the following technologies/methodologies:
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Architect, build and operate AWS cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Proficient with AWS services: Compute and Network, Storage, Database, Analytics, Deployment, and Management
- Experience with multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers, databases,
- and networking
- Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2,
- ELB, RDS, and S3
- System administration
- A solid background in Linux and/or Windows server system administration.
- Understanding of database and networking administration fundamentals.
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Whilst a degree is not mandatory, they do require candidates to be AWS Certified to at least Associate level, or to be able to prove equivalent experience and expertise. In addition, one or more of the following would be highly advantageous:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Technology
- AWS Professional or Specialty Certification
- MCSA or MCSE or MCITP
- LPIC (Linux Professional Institute Certification)
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and know what it means to be a good team player.
- Have a professional and mature work ethic.