IT – Software Testing
Cape Town – Western Cape
DRIVE the Automation strategy & architecture for products of a global Software Tech company seeking a strong solutions-driven Automation QA to join its multinational team. Your role will also entail Automated testing of web and mobile software including writing test scripts, running queries and working with SQL databases while interpreting requirements documents and maintaining shared test environments. The ideal candidate must possess a 3-year IT related Degree/Diploma, have 2-4 years’ Automation Testing experience including Front-end web testing with tools like Playwright & WebdriverIO, proficiency with Postman, SQL and able to execute and design test cases and have an excellent understanding of testing concepts and the role of a QA in Scrum.
- Responsible for driving the Automation strategy and architecture for the product.
- Automated testing of web and mobile software including writing test scripts.
- Review test scripts for best practices.
- Run queries and work intimately with SQL databases.
- Work with automated software build systems and processes.
- Interpret requirements documents, system architecture and design.
- Maintenance of own and shared test environments.
- Work in a collaborative Development team, using Agile development methodologies (Scrum).
- Minimum 3 year IT related Degree or Diploma.
- 2-4 Years of experience in Automation Testing of software systems.
- Experience in Front-end web testing and automation e.g., Playwright, WebdriverIO etc.
- Experience in back-end automation testing e.g., Postman.
- Experience creating and maintaining testing environments.
- Experience executing and designing test cases.
- Excellent understanding of testing concepts and the role of QA in Scrum.
- Basic SQL skills.
- Must be a South African citizen or hold a valid work permit.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills.