Area Manager (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
BE directly responsible for delivering growth, maximizing sales and profitability while providing the team with a stimulating and supportive environment as the next Area Manager sought by a dynamic Tech Company to join its Joburg team. You will also maintain and increase the standard of customer service across the Retail areas, driving team performance, and controlling training and development of the Retail ground team. The successful candidate will require Matric/Grade 12, a suitable Degree/Diploma, be sales and profit focused with extensive knowledge in the informal market & proven track record of staff management.
Sales and Profitability –
- Responsible to drive area sales and profit plans to budget through strong leadership, organizational planning, customer service, and successful execution of all field operations strategies consistently across all stores.
- Lead and direct the development of department level sales goals and action plans for store teams directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution.
- Ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and current on the product offering, promotions, and internal processes.
- Accountable to ensure that trends or underperformance are formally addressed with clear and documented performance improvement plans.
- Ensure all sales and profitability scorecard fields are checked and executed to bring in line with company standards.
Stock Management –
- Ensure that each Field Marketer / Jobber is equipped with the necessary tools of trade.
Customer Engagement –
- Ensure that all staff are coached to understand the importance of a good customer experience.
- Responsible for managing staff to ensure all stores consistently receive acceptable customer service.
Training and Staff Development –
- Ensure that all employees have received Bronze, Silver, and Gold training.
- Conduct in-field training on an ongoing basis and identify further training needs with staff.
- Responsible to communicate the company objectives consistently and effectively to field teams through daily WhatsApp engagement.
Staff Management –
- Ensure that the overall HR principles and standards for the area reflects high standards coupled with coaching and mentoring programs for the employees’ development.
- Responsible for monitoring employees’ performance and addressing underperformance.
- Grade 12 / Matric.
- Relevant Degree / Diploma.
- Extensive knowledge in the informal market.
- Proven track record of staff management.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Team Player.
- Sales and profit focus.
- Customer service orientated.
- Strong business acumen.
- Organisation and planning abilities
- Ability to work in a pressured, deadline-driven environment with strong focus on delivery.
- Innovative, dynamic self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Assertiveness and good conflict management skills.
- Time Management.
- Attention to detail.