Application Support & Development Director (5-Yr Fixed-Term Contract) (KZN)
IT – Support ~ IT – Manager
Durban – KwaZulu Natal
DEVELOP and oversee the implementation of the strategic and operational plans for the Application Management Department as the next Application Support & Development Director sought by a forward-thinking Tertiary Institution. You will further provide strategic direction and leadership to the functions listed below. You will require a suitable 3-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an IT/Management related field with at least 10 years’ relevant work experience focused on IT and Systems/Applications in a large organisation of which 5 years must have been at a Managerial level. Please note this is a 5-year Fixed Term Renewable Contract.
User Support –
- Staff expert desk (audio-visual, PCs, laptops, smart phones, and tablets).
- Staff field services (audio-visual, PCs, laptops, smart phones, and tablets).
- Staff walk-in center (audio-visual, PCs, laptops, smart phones, and tablets).
Student Computing –
- Student expert desk (remote student lab support).
- Student lab support.
- Student walk-in center (configuration of student PCs, laptops, smart phones, and tablets).
Improvement and Development –
- Collation of all requests for development from users within the Institution.
- Development of business justification and budget for each development request received.
- Prioritize the list of application developments submitted to the ICT Steering Committee for approval and reprioritization.
- Configuration of Project teams and initiation of projects including tenders for outsourced developments.
- Delivery of projects in time and under budget.
Innovate internal ICS developments to pro-actively advance the service quality of ICS –
- Monitor industry trends versus internal practices.
- Identify needs and report these to the UICT Steering Committee.
- Actively implement improved processes and technology advancements.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of ICS.
Financial responsibilities –
- Financial budgeting.
- Cost-efficient and effective spending and cost containment.
- Financial reporting of actual versus budget.
- Financial spend approval.
- Relevant 3-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in IT/Management-related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience focused on IT and Systems/Applications, in a large organisation of which 5 years must be at a Managerial level.