Accounts Administrator (IT Support)
Stellenbosh – Western Cape
MANAGE the financial process and operations of a dynamic Internet Solutions Provider in Stellenbosch seeking a highly meticulous Accounts Administrator to join its team. Your role will entail updating the Cashbook allocating customer deposits to invoices and supplier payments, managing the flow of Petty Cash, ensuring Debtor accounts are correctly allocated & stock invoiced out matches stock on Xero. The ideal candidate must have Grade 12 or equivalent and preferably a suitable tertiary qualification with at least 3 years’ Bookkeeping experience and knowledge around Debt Collection regulations with solid data entry and able to quickly identify numerical errors.
- Manage company assets and financial expenditures.
- Maintain files on account receivables and update records as required.
- Manage the flow of Petty Cash by recording all monetary transactions.
- Ensure that suppliers are informed of any changes to service agreements and payment options.
- Assist with answering incoming calls.
- Assist with support queries and escalation thereof.
- Manage obligations to suppliers, customers, and third-party vendors.
- Prepare, send, and file invoices.
- Process bank deposits.
- Identify and address discrepancies with Finance Manager.
- Contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments.
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable with Finance Manager
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets (limited).
- Maintain the office attendance register and ensure that attendance register and leave forms are sent to Head Office, and to the Finance Manager.
- Staff overtime, deductions and Payroll to be checked and approved by the Finance Manager, thereafter, to be sent to Head Office monthly.
- Supply any other information/ad hoc tasks as required by the Finance Manager.
- To be updated every morning first thing – allocating customer deposits to invoices and supplier payments to supplier invoices on Xero. To liaise with the Finance Manager if there are amounts on the bank statement that is unclear for allocation.
- Ensure all payments to suppliers / expenses have bills allocated so it can be matched to payments properly and efficiently. To immediately advise the Finance Manager if the bank is not reconciling.
- Netcash receipts – ensure that the Finance Manager has checked the receipt batch on Xero BEFORE posting. The correct customers with account numbers must match the Netcash deposit batch.
Bills (Payables) –
- Ensure all supplier invoices are raised on Xero timeously and to ensure correct stock and / or account expense allocations.
- Each invoice MUST be attached to the bill. To liaise with Finance Manager to check that bills are not raised twice (duplicated) – This must be done every morning.
- Ensure all Debtor accounts are correctly allocated, and all invoices raised correctly, per customer name and account number.
- To make sure that stock invoiced out matches stock on Xero, stock list and prices must correlate.
Job Cards –
- Previous weeks job cards must be given to Finance Manager every Monday. Job Cards MUST match client invoicing on Xero and correctly completed by the staff member/technician. These job cards must be attached to the Xero customer invoice.
Debtor / Customer Refunds –
- Ensure customer refund sheet is correctly completed with credit notes attached for refunds.
- Credit notes for refund must be authorised by either Director.
- Finance Manager to verify the customer ledger account before payment is affected.
- Customer accounts must always reconcile.
- Meeting to be held with the Finance Manager on the 25th of each month to discuss and identify customers who are in arrears. To also discuss any current issues with customers regarding non-payment etc.
- Supplier accounts to be reconciled every month.
- To check supplier ledgers with the Finance Manager to verify balances and match up to supplier statements.
- Spreadsheets to be implemented for this.
Overtime Sheets –
- Ensure the overtime sheets are correctly completed and verified as actual overtime worked, per site, per entity.
- Finance Manager to check and sign off before payment is affected.
- Grade 12 or equivalent certificate essential; postgraduate qualification preferable.
- 3 Years minimum bookkeeping experience and debt collection regulation knowledge.
- Good computer literacy.
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
- Planning and scheduling.
- Verbal and written communication.
- Quick learning.