Account Manager (JHB)
Johannesburg – Gauteng
MANAGE existing business while driving new business (Hunting & Farming), along with performing cost-benefit analysis and return-on-investment analysis as the next Account Manager sought by a dynamic ICT Specialist to join its Joburg team. Working closely with the Sales & Technical teams, you will help present and articulate the capabilities and values of the company’s services at all levels within the Private Sector. You must have Matric/Grade 12, an IT Degree or equivalent tertiary qualification with 5-7 years extensive Sales in the Private Sector and 3-7 years IT Technical experience with basic Accounting, knowledge of the Tender process and Government Supply Chain process, ICT and a proven Sales track record.
- Responsible for 60% Hunting and 40% Farming (Building strong client relationships to maintain old business and acquire new customers).
- Ensure that sales targets are met.
- Coordinate with various teams so that the customer’s expectations are met.
- Upsell the Company’s services and solutions.
- Serve as the custodian for the Private Sectors in order to drive overall market share.
- Serve as the liaison between the Company and their customers.
- Manage market segments, customer base and industry verticals to target.
- Assist in defining and executing the strategic business development plan.
- Manage and identify key customer relationships and pipeline.
- Utilise the internal System in order to track the whole sales process flow.
- Will be responsible for attending bi-weekly / monthly meetings and reporting thereof.
- Matric (Senior Certificate).
- IT Degree or equivalent.
- 3–5 Years IT Technical experience.
- 5–7 Extensive Sales experience in the Private Sector.
- Business Development experience.
- Proven Sales track record.
- Basic Accounting and/or technical knowledge.
- Government Supply Chain processes.
- Tender Process.
- ICT knowledge.
- Self-starter with highly developed interpersonal skills, decisive and result oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with fluency in English.
- Exceptional analytical skills for analysing client data.
- Work well under pressure and commit to deadlines.
- Have excellent people skills and intuitive to customer’s business needs.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills for dealing with different types of customers and clients.
- The ability to work independently and within a team.
Business acumen, compliance, and organising.