3rd Line Technical Support Engineer (Remote)
IT – Support
JOIN a global remote team of a dynamic Managed Services Provider seeking a highly technical & ambitious 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer with at least 3-4 years’ relevant work experience. The team is very technical, and you will have many opportunities to get involved in not just technical support, but also project work, maintenance, upgrades, and other aspects of the business. The ideal candidate must have 3+ years’ experience in the following: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11, Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2012R2/2016, Azure, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, VLAN, VPNs, Veeam, MSP360, LiveVault.) (Cloud and on Premise), solid understanding of SIP/IP Telephone Systems, Firewalls, Cyber Security, and IP routing protocols.
- Provide 1st to 3rd Line Support via email, phone, and remote support to client’s based in the UK, SA, Europe, Asia, and the US.
- Visit customer sites/offices to troubleshoot, configure and implement various IT solutions and services. (SA).
- Troubleshoot and fix various IT hardware related issues, including liaising with 3rd vendors through to resolution.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix most Microsoft technologies (Cloud & On Premise) as well as third party applications/systems.
- Work directly with Senior Engineers, to resolve complex issues as well as assist in project roll outs.
- Be willing to work flexible hours to provide support for clients in the UK, SA Europe, US, and Asia. (On-Call Rota)
- Be proactive. You should always look for opportunities to improve what we do, improve customers IT systems, and find smarter ways to deliver excellent service.
- Maximize and promote system utilization for all users, providing relevant training where necessary.
- Maintain documentation for all systems (hardware and software). To include all applications installed and network topology/diagrams.
- Provide excellent service to all customers and be willing to go the extra mile.
- Get involved and deliver in complex projects for customers.
- Assist with technical presales, design, and project planning.
3+ Years’ experience in the following –
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11.
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2012R2, 2016.
- Cloud Platforms (M365 Suite, Azure, AWS & Google Cloud) – Working knowledge of AWS and Google Cloud preferred but not essential.
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS.
- Excellent understanding of Network Technology VLAN, VPN’s, Firewalls, Cyber Security, and IP routing protocols.
- Excellent understanding of Wireless network technologies.
- Good understanding of SIP/IP Telephone Systems.
- Excellent understanding in Enterprise endpoint protection services and products.
- Excellent understanding of Back-up technologies (e.g., Veeam, MSP360, LiveVault.) (Cloud and on Premise).
- Various 3rd party Applications and Systems etc.
- Virtualization technologies.
- Excellent understanding and experience in Infrastructure Maintenance and Alerting routines. (Ensure system integrity, and minimization of down time).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a willingness to find solutions through to resolution, no matter how difficult the problem.
- Experience with Policies, Procedures, Training, Compliance requirements.
- Remote Support.
Desirable Certifications/ Skill / Experience –
- Microsoft 365, HP, FortiGate, SonicWall, Dell Certifications/Experience.
- Mac OS.
- Autotask PSA and RMM.
- Microsoft SharePoint Configuration.
- Project Management experience and or certifications.
- Pre-sales experience preferred but not essential.
- A great attitude.
- Be cool calm and collected in a sometimes pressured and fast passed environment.
- Organised, planful and prioritize varied workloads and work to strict deadlines.
- The detail matters, which is a key attribute to the role.
- Must be a self-starter and have excellent time keeping management skills.
- Presentable and excellent customer facing, communications and phone skills.
- Be commercial and show a keenness to understand the business.
- Enthusiastic, ability to motivate others and a positive willingness to get involved.
- Able to liaise with external suppliers.