2nd Line Support Engineer (VoIP)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape
This is an opportunity to be part of the UK’s No.1 ranked Telco/VoIP provider that is disrupting the small business telecoms industry with more than 20 industry awards won in the last 2 years! They are seeking to employ a VoIP 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their team who will help improve their product’s reliability and technical support through upskilling and coaching of 1st-line support.
- Troubleshooting connectivity, VoIP, and hardware issues.
- Troubleshooting call logs using various diagnostic tools, PCAP file capture and analysis.
- Prioritising issues and escalating them to the appropriate team.
- Deep diving methodically and meticulously with effective root cause analysis.
- Communicating distinct issues with clarity and clear steps to reproduce.
- Identifying process improvements and documenting plans to address them, then working with the support team and product team to implement solutions.
- Communicating effectively with the support team and product team, providing guidance, and coaching on how to best handle difficult technical issues.
- Training and mentoring 1st-line team members on best practices for triaging, troubleshooting, and resolving escalated issues.
- Technically proficient with ability to learn new technologies or systems quickly.
- Technical expertise in VoIP systems, including experience with hardware (e.g., handsets, SBCs, etc) and software troubleshooting.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Experience troubleshooting local issues with internet, router settings, and VoIP hardware.
- Curiosity and a talent for teaching and sharing knowledge with team members.
- Previous experience in a technical support role is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.