2nd Line Support Engineer (CPT/JHB)
IT – Support
Cape Town – Western Cape ~ Johannesburg – Gauteng
SERVE as the primary point of contact for customers for all supported infrastructure & specific 3rd party-related problems as the next 2nd Line Support Engineer sought by a dynamic Internet Service & Network Specialist. You will take ownership of all incidents from logging to resolution while assisting with internal desktop support queries. You must have Matric/Grade 12, a suitable tertiary qualification, N+ qualification, have 5+ years’ practical networking experience including IPv4, MTU, troubleshooting, VLAN, basic Linux, WAN connectivity, VoIP, ADSL, Mikrotik and Cisco. You must also have experience working in an ISP environment and a solid understanding of DNS including on types of records and troubleshooting – Bind, powerDNS, unbound.
- Log Incidents and Service Requests, ensuring end to end management, resolution and ownership of tickets.
- Handle support requests / be a point of escalation in the call’s lifetime.
- Identify and escalate requests requiring urgent attention.
- Ensure that an ongoing contribution toward positive customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Coordination of incidents and requests in order to meet Service Level Agreements.
- Liaise with various 3rd parties to ensure call resolution.
- Adherence to call lifecycle processes and procedures.
- Assist with internal IT support queries.
- Liaise with the Project Management team, 3rd Line Engineers and Network Engineers on a regular basis.
- Will be part of an after-hours standby rotation cycle.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Relevant tertiary qualification. N+ qualification.
- 5+ Years’ experience practical networking including (IPv4) understanding, MTU, troubleshooting and VLAN understanding.
- Basic Linux command line skills.
- Network troubleshooting (WAN connectivity).
- ADSL troubleshooting.
- Wireless networks.
- Email understanding.
- Good understanding of DNS including on types of records and troubleshooting – Bind, powerDNS, unbound.
- Configure IP phones and troubleshoot call issues (VoIP).
- Mikrotik and Cisco experience.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in an ISP environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask while prioritising workload and issues.
- Performance-driven and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.