Enquire / Apply
Our digital savvy client that specializes in e-learning business structures based in Johannesburg is looking to employ a UX Research Lead to their team. Successful incumbent should have qualitative and quantitative research background, including conducting primary data collection, required. Please note this is a 12-month Contract position.
- Design and conduct research, using tools such as competitive analyses and empathy exercises.
- Conduct usability testing (including A/B testing).
- Participate in providing user experience leadership to the design and development team.
- Ideate new user journeys for systems.
- Document and update detailed user stories.
- Create storyboards, prototypes, user flows, written specifications and sitemaps.
- Read and evaluate detailed wireframes.
- Translate business requirement specifications into valuable user journeys.
- Set up user testing labs to validate user journeys and prototypes.
- Draft usability testing lab scripts and metrics.
- Facilitate usability testing within labs with relevant participants.
- Document findings from labs and presenting findings to relevant team members.
- Document user experience recommendations on current systems, prototypes or journeys.
- Design, coordinate and facilitate internal team workshops to support UX development (as required), with tools such as design discovery and user experience research exercises preferred.
- Use prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Sketch, Axure, Mockplus, Fireworks and UXPin as and when needed to present prototypes, concepts and journeys as well as to validate user journeys.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Present new trends to the team when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualitative and quantitative research background, including conducting primary data collection, required.
- Working knowledge of user-centred design practices, research principles and techniques will be advantageous, including experience in design of research flow, conducting UX research labs, and feeding results into design team.
- Familiarity with agile development.
- Working knowledge of Sketch and InVision.
- Experience in fintech or financial services environment a bonus.
- A passion to advocate for consumer needs.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Self-starter comfortable working within a team environment.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, with confidence to present and defend findings internally.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.