Enquire / Apply
A leading investment firm seeks an enthusiastic individual with strong testing and business analysis skills to assist the project team in delivering data platform projects, which includes identifying and defining the required tests, monitoring the test coverage and evaluating and reporting the test results along with applying industry best practice.
The role also requires an understanding of project management principles and min 3yrs experience of asset (investment) management + relevant degree – data management knowledge would be highly beneficial.
- Working in conjunction with the Business Analyst
- Undertaking functional and integration testing, and where required liaise with the different parties such as the Business Analyst, the Project Manager and the Business Owner to ensure appropriate test coverage
- Ensuring that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, and that these are prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders. Scope is to cover test cycle contents and regression packs
- Creating allocated test scripts, performing and monitoring test execution and ensuring results are recorded
- Communicating progress, issues and risks effectively and timeously to the Project Manager
- Co-ordinating and responding to testing requirements
- Assisting delivery and project manager(s) with the co-ordination of work performed by external test resources.
- Completing any project documentation and reporting that is required
- Managing test capabilities and assisting with any guidance required
- Keeping up to date with best practices and sharing knowledge and ideas with other team members
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant degree
- ISTQB / SASTQB Certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years working in testing
- Managing a test team preferable but not essential
- Strong competency in data analysis and testing
- Knowledge of Asset Management and understanding of investment industry roles and processes
- Demonstrable history of working with other investment industry organisations, external vendors and consultants.
- Experience of working on data governance and data sourcing and management projects
- The ability to source and join data from multiple sources, and experience in integrating data models/streams
- An understanding of data architecture as it relates to systems and data flow
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders in multiple global locations
- Basic SQL skills and an understanding of databases (Data Warehousing desirable)
- Experience using SQL Delta or similar SQL comparison toolsets
- Good knowledge of Excel and file comparison toolsets such as Beyond Compare
- Working knowledge of Azure preferable but not essential
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with degree and certifications
- Ideally from financial services, asset management understanding
- Report to the manager based in London
- Must be a self-starter and have strong communication skills as they work closely with the internal stakeholders, predominantly BA’s
- Data warehousing, testing changes, interrogating data are key aspects to the role
- Must have SQL (basic queries), Excel and data warehousing experience
- Positive attitude to work and change
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good time management skills
- Demonstrate self-initiative
- Strong collaboration ethic, with ability to work in teams from cross-functional disciplines.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong problem-solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate
- Flexible in working hours, occasional weekend work as projects and maintenance require
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.