Software Solutions provider in the telecoms space is seeking a Technical Architect to guide our software development in our continual efforts to modernise our software and to meet the needs of our customers.
• Proposing WBMS suite wide technical solutions for business requirements
• Ensuring that aspects pertaining to technical architecture are included in the overall WBMS roadmap/backlog
• Ensuring that the Business Functions across the WBMS suite are implemented using the appropriate technology and technical frameworks.
• Ensuring that the Technical Architects are working towards a consistent technical framework for the entire WBMS suite.
• Ensuring that the development teams are applying a consistent technical framework and software build process across the WBMS suite.
• Ensure that the solutions proposed for all requirements are of a consistent quality and design.
• Technical Solution Driver to achieve high quality software across the WBMS suite
• Implementing and supporting technical frameworks for use by the WBMS development teams
• Day to day technical support and guidance for the WBMS Product Delivery Teams
• Mentorship of development teams
• Negotiate scope with business stakeholders
• Production of technical solution description
• Support for the production of BRS (Business Requirement) Requirements Analysis Report including project or feature costing, resourcing assumptions and software development project risks
• Creation of requirements and justification for Technical/Architectural features
• Liaise with implementers for input information to be used for solution design
• B.Sc. or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering or a technically related field
• Seven years commercial experience in software development
• Extensive knowledge of architectural design patterns including SOA, Data Architecture
• Experience with a broad set of technologies
• Experience with integration of disparate systems
• Expertise in Ruby, Python, Shell scripting
• Expertise in UX Design, and a Strong Technical Understanding of UI Components (Build, Implementation, Test and Utilization)
• Extensive knowledge of secure software development patterns
• Extensive knowledge of commercial hardware platforms (particularly IBM, SUN and HP)
• Extensive experience on Windows/Unix/Linux OS
• Strong design skills with ability to document the designs
• Highly developed analytical problem-solving skills to identify and solve complex problems
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience with test driven development
• Strong leadership skills with good communication skills to influence and gain cooperation
• Knowledge of the telecoms industry is advantageous
• Needs to be able to work in a team
• Ability to work well under pressure, especially in maintaining a balanced and logical approach
• Self-motivated and self-managed
• Able to take initiative on strategic technical items
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.