Enquire / Apply
My client who specializes in renewable energy wants a team orientated Software Tester with minimum 3yrs relevant experience, who can take accountability for his/her actions and allocated tasks, take initiative and engage in robust communication practices that will benefit both yourself and the team. You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and must have experience testing web applications that are built on the .Net framework and uses JS, jQuery, and Vue.js front-end libraries. Experience working with MS SQL Server; and Git within an Agile team environment is a bonus.
- Ensure that all activities align with the business strategy and purpose
- As the “last line of defence” in the SDLC you must take accountability for ensuring features are fit-for-purpose, fit-for-use, and defect-free
- Participate in the requirements sessions to understand the purpose of the feature and provide input on its use case to ensure a valuable feature is delivered
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios
- Implement and maintain automated testing frameworks
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyse results
- Logging defects and capturing the right level of detail to report back to the development team on how to simulate and potentially resolve the issue
- Perform post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Troubleshoot and resolve software bugs and snags
- Provide quality service and support to the Platform stakeholders
- Actively participate and contribute positively in the software development lifecycle processes (for example
- Agile Scrum ceremonies) and the business activities as a whole.
- Perform research and investigatory tasks on new technologies, preparing proof of concepts, and reporting back on findings
- Accept and follow mentorship and guidance from colleagues on best practices and software testing principles
- Focus on continuous self-improvement and self-development thereby ensuring an increasingly valuable skillset and greater contribution to our team objectives
- First-level support on an ad-hoc basis
- Any other job duties as required
- Proficient in automated testing frameworks
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies
- Self-disciplined and motivated. This is a remote working role and self-discipline is of utmost importance to ensure value is delivered to the team.
- Willing to travel for 1-2 days quarterly
- Ability to understand complex problems and requirements and implement and to prepare test cases based on the feature use cases
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset
- Should be a logical and pragmatic thinker
- Good health and high levels of energy
- Comfortable workspace at home
- Stable internet connection at home
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. We deliver our own support services therefore you have to be comfortable communicating with external stakeholders.
- Own reliable transport
- Take pride in what you do
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Comfortable with context switching
- Self-disciplined and motivated to consistently deliver high-quality output
- Respectful of yourself and your team
- Resourceful and comfortable working in a high pace and changing environment
- Comfortable with speaking your mind as well as receiving critical feedback
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.