Our client based in Gauteng is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join their team.
Required outputs: Functional
• Provide software solutions to facilitate the design and deployment of control equipment that will enable the organisation to achieve global leadership in the field of electronics blasting systems. This will include the following tasks:
To develop and write, components and interfaces, as required.
To keep abreast of global developments in Internet and software technology and to provide direction with regard to software development.
To integrate the Software Development with the business strategy, customer requirements and electronic detonator chip technology development.
To assist the installation and commissioning of new software into client sites and to interface and satisfy clients in this process.
Create system, test and technical specifications for new products.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
• BSc. Eng. (Computer) / BEng (Electronic) / BSc. Eng. (Electronics) / Equivalent.
• Linux administration skills (ssh, scripting).
• SQL experience.
• C development experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the skills listed above.
The following experience will be advantageous
• Exposure to real-time embedded system development.
• Good understanding and experience in hardware and software development.
• Software architecture experience.
• Familiarity with software revision control systems and code review techniques.
Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently
• Highly motivated
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Knowledge of user interface design principles
• Knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.