Enquire / Apply
Our digital savvy client that specializes in e-learning business structures based in Johannesburg is looking to employ a Mid – Senior level UX/UI Designer to their team. Please note this position is a 12-month Contract.
- Participating in providing user experience leadership to the design and development team.
- Ideate new user journeys for systems.
- Translate business requirement specifications into valuable user journeys and interface designs, including: design and deliver in a tool of choice high-fidelity system wireframes, user interfaces and user experience journeys.
- Take wireframes in any format freehand, via a wireframing tool or in high fidelity and translate this into usable designs. Assist developers in applying design to a system or framework.
- Build full and applicable user interfaces.
- Perform best practice research on user interfaces and user experience tools, processes and applying this to the work completed.
- Document detailed user stories.
- Create detailed wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, user flows, written specifications and sitemaps.
- Facilitate user testing labs with relevant participants from a design and experience perspective and/ or rapidly implement user workshop feedback and findings into design.
- Document findings from labs and user experience recommendations on current systems, prototypes or journeys and interfaces to present to relevant team members.
- Use tools such as Invision, Adobe Creative Cloud, Framer, Sketch, Axure, Mockplus, Fireworks and UXPin as and when needed to present prototypes, concepts and journeys as well as to validate user journeys and user interface designs.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of the latest UX/UI and CX trends, techniques, and technologies and presenting new trends to the team when required.
- Passion for design in the technology field.
- Experience in user-centred design with hands-on experience from initial wireframes to developing prototypes and providing final assets.
- A degree or diploma in web design, graphic design, human-computer interaction or related work experience.
- Background in mass-market web and mobile products preferred.
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and InVision.
- Familiarity with agile development.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Self-starter comfortable working within a team environment.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, with confidence to present and engage on design work.
- Experience in fintech or financial services environment a bonus.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.