Enquire / Apply
Windows Operating System, Java, Microsoft SQL Server and Swing/JavaFX coupled with your 10yrs relevant Java Development exp and Bachelors in Computer Science is what my client, a software company based in Century City, requires from you as their new Senior Java Developer. A well-established start -up culture with a relaxed culture.
- Work on existing Java-based products – fixing bugs, working on new features and helping customers with issues
- Design and develop new products
- Design and develop plug-ins for Java-based payments software
- Oversee the work of more junior developers in his or her team, act as Supervisor
- Perform internal testing at all levels
- Overall responsibility for ensuring requirements are traceable throughout the project
- Support customer testing of delivered software
- Write technical and non-technical documentation
- Must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent discipline) from a recognised tertiary institution. Equivalent experience will be considered but is not preferred.
- Effective team player; enjoys learning and challenges; commitment to excel and career progression; ability to learn rapidly.
- Minimum 5 years relevant Java development experience, 10 years preferred.
- Expertise in the Java programming language, at least 5 years. Ability not only to architect, design and write complex solutions, but also to oversee others.
- Write clean, robust, well-structured and well documented code
- Confidence and integrity, with the ability to lead and persuade.
- Ability to think clearly, methodically and articulate design choices to the team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to discuss requirements with customers and guide them into desirable solutions
- Methodical approach to testing and debugging and personal time management
- Significant experience working independently for the full lifecycle of a software application
- Passion and enthusiasm for their work
- Eagerness and ability to learn new things quickly
- Desire and aptitude to design and own new Products, keen interest in innovation
- Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline across multiple projects and in sometimes varied roles
- Significant experience with the Windows Operating System
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.