Our client a high-performance hosting partner for businesses online is looking to employ a QA Engineer who will form part of the teams that are responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed and 3rd party web applications, providing innovative tools to the power user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to our customers. The ideal candidate will be adept at both manual and automated testing of web applications.
• You will be expected to develop, implement and maintain test plans for manual test scripts and automate these as part of our overall release and regression testing.
• You will need to work collaboratively with the development and quality assurance teams to triage problems, write bug reports, and perform validation.
• Following and adding to the existing test procedures, guidelines, standards and processes.
• You should be willing to learn and work on new technologies.
• You will play a big part in maturing the company CI/CD processes.
• Proven work experience in software development.
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
• Proven work experience in testing automation.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
• Experience with using test management or bug management tools.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Be proficient in high-level language, preferably Java.
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
• Solid knowledge of SQL and/or scripting is a plus.
• BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science is a plus.
• ISTQB Certification is a plus.
• Either above will be an advantageous, however, your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Selenium WebDriver/ Automation concepts.
• Jira and/or Confluence
• Java IDE, Jenkins, Maven, etc;
• Enthusiastic about technology to serve operational and client requirements.
• Strong work ethic.
• Self-motivated with strong team spirit.
• Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starting.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Able to use own initiative.
• Quality driven.
• Strives to create optimal systems and simple procedures.
• Enjoys sharing ideas and innovation.
• Cool under pressure.
• Prefers agile development and a self-organising team environment.
• Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.