A leading investment group seeks the expertise of a Networks Architect to join their team.
• Identify, gather, analyse and document company network infrastructure requirements and translate these into an architecture/design which caters for immediate operational as well as strategic requirements.
• Effectively communicate infrastructure requirements to internal infrastructure team and external IT suppliers.
• Work with Project Managers from other teams in IT, to deliver IT components of business projects.
• Take ownership of Infrastructure network projects to manage the migration from the current incumbent to an alternate 3rd party networks provider.
• Communicate project progress via required reporting mechanisms.
• Ensure that solutions conform to Infrastructure standards, and compliance and security requirements.
• Assist the Head of IT Infrastructure with other initiatives as and when required.
• Adhering to the Code of Ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, inside information, etc.
• Ensuring Compliance forms and declarations are completed and returned on a timely basis
• Ensuring timely completion of Compliance training
• Ensuring that you maintain appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels
• Ensuring you keep up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to your job responsibilities
• Ensuring regulatory, client and other corporate records are maintained
• Ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected and that advised best practices are followed to maintain confidentiality and security of all data
• Reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, or complaints
• Reporting any possible concerns about conduct or unfair treatment of customers to Compliance
• Reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime
• Being alert to possible wider Compliance and Operational Risk issues within the general business
• Ensuring that your team procedures are kept up-to-date
• Ensuring that all changes in business practice are taken through the appropriate business forums
• Ensuring that regulatory, client and other corporate reporting deadlines are met
• Ensuring that if handling client monies and client assets that they are properly protected, recorded and reconciled
• Maintaining ““ethical walls” with other parts of the company and within the company group under the inside information requirements
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
• Formal networking certifications (e.g. CCIE)
• At least 7 Years’ experience in a Technical Networks Infrastructure/Architecture role
• Preferably 5-10 years industry and project management experience
• Significant experience managing significant infrastructure projects
• Must be fluent in English
• Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN , TCP/IPs, Telephony and Firewall Technology
• Experience Administering Storage Area Networks
• Experience of administering Systems Centre
• Experience of administering Back up Technologies
• Experience supporting and administering Windows Server, Windows OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, ADFS and DHCP
• Experience supporting Global Email environments using Exchange and Secure Email Gateway technology
• Experience of Administering and support Virtualisation technologies – VMware and / or Hyper-V
• Experience with MimeCast
• Basic SQL SSMS Experience
• Experience of Skype for Business including enterprise voice features or similar Unified Communications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
• Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Strong problem-solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate
• Ability to see the bigger picture
• Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities
• Strong personality, self-assured, self-confident and assertive
• Able to work in a team and potentially lead BAs and IT developers.
A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery