Enquire / Apply
Our Client is a UK based company in the Woodstock Exchange building in Cape Town and they are looking for a mid-level PHP developer to join their new South African development team who has the opportunity for further career development and personal growth. They are interested in hiring a developer who is keen to explore, question, innovate and contribute on a conceptual level to their product. It’s important to be a good fit for their company, and they’ll make time to have face to face chats with you as well as provide you the tools and opportunity to show them your skills.
- Maintain and improve existing code base and feature sets.
- Contribute to the understanding and compilation of new feature requirements, as well as suggesting sensible technical solutions.
- Understanding and implementing industry standard security best practices.
- Proactively contribute to the improvement of the existing code base.
- Liaising with testers during quality assurance and delivering well tested features.
- Have a solid understanding of server configuration and database management, in order to manage data and applications critical to the business.
- Researching and implementing 3rd party integrations without affecting the system’s security posture.
- Must have at least three years’ experience in delivering PHP-based web applications
- Positive, can-do attitude and flexibility to contribute to any part of the development life-cycle
- A solid understanding of the software development process, including use of version control and continuous integration systems
- Modern PHP MVC frameworks and OOP, ideally Symfony2 and Doctrine ORM
- An understanding of programming patterns and practices will be greatly beneficial
- Expertise in relational database design, optimisation and maintenance
- Experience in MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database technologies
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Source code control using Git, preferably experienced with BitBucket and BitBucket pipelines
- Integrating web services using REST APIs
- Experience in Python, or a server-side programming language other than PHP
- Front-end web development skills including adaptive/responsive HTML5, CSS & JS beneficial
- Development tools such as Composer, Bower, Gulp, Twitter Bootstrap, LESS or SASS
- Unit testing with PHPUnit
- Docker and/or Ansible experience beneficial
- Experience using task management systems such as JIRA beneficial
- Experience in mobile app development either natively or using Apache Cordova and a framework such an Ionic beneficial
- Experience with VMware beneficial
- Linux (Ubuntu) server configuration, monitoring & management
- Experience in AWS/Microsoft Azure deployment/setup and maintenance would be beneficial
- An interest in video games would be beneficial
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.