Enquire / Apply
Fast-growing digital marketing company requires talented Lead Developer to join their Johannesburg Office. Reporting directly to the Head of Technical Operations, the focus of the role will include managing and building a development team as well as any external partner relationships, building and maintaining current core custom built systems and driving the business forward using innovation, automation, ai and data Computer Science / Engineering Degree + 5yrs+ relevant exp is required.
- People. Build and Manage a team of developers as well as external relationship (is this accurate)
- Develop. Develop new systems, oversee, build onto and maintain current systems and tools
- Work closely with the BI team to ensure they have what they need to excel
- Automate. We try and automate as much as possible to streamline our processes
- Project Manage. Involvement in all aspects of the project life cycle. Comfortable with taking ownership of a project and running with the project. Lean / agile project management styles are preferred
- Test. Quality is very important to us, and through automated testing we strive to keep the quality of our systems as high as possible
- Data. Work with huge sets of data, both using SQL Server and other databases
- drive the group to be at the forefront of technology within our sphere of business which is very much heading into
- Structure things properly. creation and implementation of strategies and systems that will keep the company competitive and ahead of the game in a fast-changing global marketplace.
- Architect. Developing appropriate architecture frameworks, standards and policies aligned to business requirements
- Implement effective and robust security measures to protect all company systems, servers and data
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development
- Project Management experience
- People Management experience
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Advanced experience with SQL queries and optimisation as well as the ability to use an ORM (the two major ones are Eloquent and TypeORM) within a framework.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Must be open to learning new languages.
- Knowledge about Docker and Docker Compose and how to use them for development.
- Experience in writing unit tests using frameworks such as Mocha.
- Experience in integrating with SOAP and REST APIs.
- Experience with git and git-flow for subversion control.
- CSS experience.
- Experience with at least 1 frontend framework such as AngularJS, Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- An Understanding of hashing and encryption and when they should be used.
- Experience with Linux terminal.
- Experience with a structured database such as MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL. This includes database design, indexing, query optimization, etc.
- Must have knowledge off or be open to learning devops and containerization
- Experience with Angular (any version higher than 2).
- Experience with Typescript, more specifically, the NestJS framework.
- Server administration experience, terminal experience, etc.
- Experience in using Redis for caching and other functionality.
- Experience with at least 1 framework written in PHP.
- Experience with nginx, apache, or haproxy.
- An understanding of JSON and YAML (YAML for use in Kubernetes)
- Experience with a structured database such as MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL. This includes database design, indexing, query optimisation, etc.
- Development in an Agile fashion.
- Experience with Kubernetes and the use of a Kubernetes cluster for production environments.
- Server deployment experience, KVM (virtual machines), firewall, network routing, VPN setups.
- Scrum experience.
- Self-driven person who can take initiative with minimal guidance
- Proactive – capable of identifying and initiating change
- Positive and energetic
- Structured and detail orientated but able to work in an unstructured environment
- Must be able to multi-task, work within a team or alone
- Needs to be focus driven on implementation and delivery
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.