Enquire / Apply
The IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager will have the primary responsibility of designing and maintaining Information Technology infrastructure in accordance with business and technical requirements.
- Design & implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure storage and network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Establish service level agreements with end users and 3rd party vendors.
- Plan acquire and co-ordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organisation.
- Prepare RFP’s, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in decision making.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure IT products and services.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all IT hardware and provide ownership of problem through to final resolution.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions and instruction detection systems.
- Responsible for on-site and off-site data centres.
- Relevant B Degree or equivalent (NQF 7) qualification essential.
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) certificate with a formal project management qualification will be a definite advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a medium to large information technology infrastructure.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in successfully leading an infrastructure team.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local laws / regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations.
- Have adequate exposure to ITIL and PMBok methodology.
- IT Security standards (ISO27001/2) implementation will be an advantage.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets and forecasting.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- An understanding of good governance, ethics and project managing skills
- A good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills required.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.