Enquire / Apply
Join a cutting-edge software solutions firm in Johannesburg as an Intermediate Java developer, where you will be primarily responsible for the development and deployment of elegant software solutions. You play a crucial role in the development of software solutions that solve real-world problems. You will participate in design discussions and offer positive opinions on the approach to solving problems and assist in overall delivery with your colleagues and client.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java and good knowledge of generics, threading and networking (should be able to solve complicated problems).
- Good GOF design patterns knowledge (should have knowledge of all GOF patterns and be able to make trade-offs between using which pattern in what context).
- Basic Enterprise design patterns knowledge. Enterprise Integration Pattern knowledge
- Java spring, JSF, and Spring Framework experience. Solid exposure and experience with build tools like Maven and Ant.
- Must have a good knowledge of Java EE 6 or higher and be able to explain the advantages and disadvantages of using Java EE and a Java EE application server.
- Must have a good knowledge of ORM tools (including fetch strategies and serialisation). Specific ORM knowledge required will be JPA and Hibernate.
- Database normalisation, indexing and stored procedures. NoSQL or MongoDB exposure is advantageous
- Message broker technologies such as JMS or Rabbit
- A minimum of 3 years of professional Java development experience
- A completed 3-year tertiary qualification, SCJP certification or similar industry-accredited academic qualification
- The ability and flexibility to travel to and be based at different client sites as the need arises
- GOF design patterns
- Basic Enterprise design patterns
- ORM Tools (JPA and Hibernate)
- Database knowledge of Oracle, Postgres, Document DB or Microsoft
- JSF, Apache Tomcat or derivative.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.