Enquire / Apply
Are you a problem solver that thrives in a dynamic environment? We need your strong development skills to lead a small team to ensure our systems are fully available to our customers and business, resolve incidents, minimize downtime and continuously improve our Microsoft.Net and AWS micro-servers. This position is ideal for an articulate, detailed, and service orientated individual who enjoys coming up with different ways of solving or approaching a problem.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing in the role
- Leading the day to day disciplines of scrum and building a happy and effective team
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem solving to identify, understand and fix system failures – this involves going through code and working with various departments to resolve production issues.
- Ensure the resolution of all incidents, including triaging issues and post incident monitoring and reporting
- Owning the development of any subsequent system improvements identified during an incident to make our systems better
- Institute and improve system monitoring to ensure proactive management of our production environment is transparent and overt.
- Oversee continuous improvement of support knowledge base repositories to ensure all processes and procedures are documented in a clear and concise manner and that periodic reviews of documentation are conducted.
- Provide ongoing internal reporting of performance measurements and service levels.
- Continuously recognize opportunities for improvement and use initiative to introduce them
A little about who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ITIL Certification advantageous
- Minimum of 8 years of production support experience
- 8+ years’ experience in C#, ASP.Net, MS SQL/TSQL, SSIS packages, AWS and Micro Services
- 3+ years’ in financial services, fintech experience advantageous
- Previous experience leading teams
- Highly disciplined and able to identify the critical paths and prioritize accordingly.
- Available to work flexible shifts; including weekends and statutory holidays on a rotational basis
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.