Enquire / Apply
What you will be working with:
- Building services and APIs on backend using PHP, Python, and C++.
- The infrastructure utilises MariaDB MySQL and Redis for storage and Nginx on a multi-server FreeBSD stack.
- They also utilise services and tools like S3, RabbitMQ, Ansible, Pingdom, Sentry, NewRelic, GitHub.
- You will help decide and plan which features we will build, and how they are designed and implemented.
Perks of being a developer at this company:
- Work alongside some of the brightest and the best Computer Science and Engineering graduates.
- Learn everything there is to know about cutting-edge e-Commerce, web- dev and mobile-dev.
- You will get a budget to choose your own computer and setup.
- Full access to company earnings, conversion rates and sales, allowing you to see the immediate effect of your own work on the company’s success.
- Full sponsorship of any local coding conferences/meetups/seminars you may wish to attend.
- Interact with 100+ other non-developers, such as writers, designers, marketers, etc
- Great perks, such as free nationwide gym membership
- The dev team has a chill room with a table-tennis table and a private balcony with a Weber for impromptu lunch-braais.
- We also have an amazing Jura coffee machine supplied with fresh beans.
- In addition to your regular leave, each staff members gets a bonus half-day leave each month with only one-day notice.
Preferred skills that you have:
- PHP & MySQL
- Experience with Version Control
- You know your way around the terminal
- Sysadmin or design skills would be an advantage
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.