Enquire / Apply
Manage day-to-day operations, support and IT related tasks for mobile portals as the next Digital Operations and Editorial Specialist sought by a Joburg Digital Solutions provider. The portals will include WAP (Content, Music and Games) and USSD, including but not limited to Partner Integration and managing Scrum, Price Plans, Storefront, Portal Editorial, Troubleshooting & Testing/Verification. You will require Matric, a 3-year Business/Technology tertiary qualification, at least a 2-year IT Systems/Networking Certificate & 3-5 Years’ experience in: Mobile Tech, Content Portals, CMS, HTML, XHTML, WML, PML and HTML5 editing/developing.
- Create test cases and conduct testing after creating promotional modules/mini (wap) sites/shortcodes/ rewrite rules.
- Manage marketing campaigns, after being briefed about the business requirements, implement the required modules, shortcodes, mini sites, making sure that these requirements are met before the campaign goes live.
- Ensure that partner integration is implemented in accordance with policies, project plans and processes.
- Price Plan – Have an in-depth understanding of how Telco pricing tools works and be able to provide support on this to the Product Team, QA, Business partners.
- Use the portal API and applications such as:
- Jira for Project Management and Support functions.
- CMS and various tools for the upload of content and management of portal structures.
- Pricing Tools – Upload and configure price points for sale of Content on Telco Portals.
- Creation of modules, mini sites, updating the schedules, creating partner testing nodes.
- Creation of partner nodes to integrate into portals.
- Hosting images/ editing device profiles.
- Content ingestion (ringtones, wallpapers, screensavers, videos).
- Creation of shortlinks to link to specific content items hosted on portals.
- Maintain relationships with relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies:
- Product Managers, Content Providers, Support Teams.
- Provide first line support to the QA team and Telco portal issues, support 3rd party content partners.
- Construct, implement/fine tune methods, processes/systems to enhance effectiveness of the Broadband products/services.
- Conduct Testing/Verification.
- Support Marketing Campaigns.
- Develop/Update Promotional Modules/ Wap Sites.
- Content Co-Ordination.
- Price Plan implementation and Co-Ordination.
- Project Management /Scrum.
- Provide Support.
- Maintain Relationships.
- 3 Year Business or Technology tertiary qualification.
- Certificate (2-year) in IT Systems/Networking.
- Certificates in Graphical Design or HTML and XML (would be advantageous).
- 3-5 Years’ experience in:
- Mobile Technology.
- Content Portals.
- HTML, XHTML, WML, PML and HTML5 editing/developing.
- High level presentation experience.
- Specific Apps (Jira, Anthrax, MMC) will be an added advantage.
Knowledge of –
- Policies and Procedures.
- Mobile Content and Content Management.
- Quality Management.
- Business Environment.
- Network Architecture.
- Telecoms technology and services.
- Project Management Methodology.
- Web Applications.
Additional Skills –
- Communication, Analytical, Decision Making, Delegation, Interpersonal, Liaison, Presentation Techniques
- Problem Solving, Stress Management, Time Management, Negotiation, Management
- Able to work in high pace rapidly changing environment; Business Planning skills, Document Writing
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.