Enquire / Apply
If you are a motivated, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and your technology stack consists of C++, Kotlin, Node.js, vue.js, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Python, Bash, MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, NPM, Git, Gitlab, REST, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, SOAP and Linux (RHEL), then this might just be the opportunity you have been waiting for! Analytically minded individual who is a technical and problem-solving guru with min 2yrs exp in designing and developing software applications from scratch + the ability to document, diagram and verbally describe the application architecture and design is needed if you want to be the new C++ Developer for my client a Global Mobile Communications giant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Development of high-grade Telecommunication Services in a Unix/Linux based environment
- Software specification, design, coding and debugging through to deployment to Operator sites
- Taking responsibility for software lifecycle management including version control and deployment package creation
- Effectively using tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects before they become a problem
- Working in an agile development environment following Scrum methodologies.
The following minimum requirements are a prerequisite for applying for this vacancy:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering/related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience,
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Software Engineer, Developer or Programmer
- Solid experience doing object oriented back-end development using C++
- Experience with Source/Version control management (e.g. Git-Lab, Git)
Technology Stack – you will be expected to learn any relevant technology that you may not already be familiar with (as required for your specific role):
- Back End: C++, Kotlin, Node.js,
- Front End: C++, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, vue.js
- Scripting Languages: Python, Bash
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB
- Build Tools: NPM
- Version Control: Git, Gitlab
- Protocols: REST, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, SOAP
- Operating System: Linux (RHEL)
- Other Tools: Gitlab-CI, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, KNative
Preferable but not essential
- Experience or a working knowledge of a Linux development environment, preferably RHEL will be very advantageous
- Experience designing and/or implementing high-performance, highly available and horizontally scalable software.
- Experience doing full stack development
- Experience with software profiling and optimization.
- Experience with database schema design, optimization and tuning.
- Experience with online transaction processing and or online analytical processing
- Experience with API and Interface design
- Experience with any of the following software and technologies: SQL, Linux, Swagger/ OpenAPI, HTTP, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, KNative, Spring Framework, Gradle, Maven, Ansible, MySQL / MariaDB and Node.js.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.