Enquire / Apply
An innovative investment firm needs an Application Support Analyst to provide 2nd level IT application support to the Operations support team, business users and domains at a senior technical level. Assist with deploying software to the various release development environments as well as troubleshooting environment specific problems. 3 Yrs similar experience with Windows and SQL Scripting and Open source apps is required.
- Work with domains to continuously drive application architecture and configuration improvement.
- Work closely with the Digital support and development teams to continuously improve the stability in this environment.
- Work with domains and support teams to improve software deployment techniques and procedures.
- Ensure that software releases deployed into the production environment follow documented IT procedures.
- Ensure all agreed release and support procedures are followed.
- Provide 2nd line application technical support on all Retail applications and databases to support teams and all Retail Domains when required.
- After hours standby and support may be required from time to time.
- Liaise with 3rd line development teams to resolve user incidents, when required.
- Adhere to agile work management methodologies.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3+ years’ work experience in an IT Applications support/DEVOPS environment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and SQL server knowledge with practical experience
- SQL scripting skills
- An interest in the Windows Server environment including PowerShell
- Linux experience essential
- Exposure to Open source apps e.g. NGINX, Docker, Kubernetes
- A good understanding of application development principles and methodologies.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong logical thinking and deductive reasoning.
- Tenacity and execution.
- Planning and managing people and process.
- Effective communication style.
- Stress tolerant.
- Team player.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.